BY CLICKING THE "I Agree" BUTTON YOU AGREE TO ALL THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
E-platform for renewal of R.P.E. registration and R.P.E. personal information update (R.P.E. Online Platform)
The Engineers Registration Board (ERB) reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time and from time to time and informs you of any modifications in a manner of our choosing, including sending you a notification email or by a notice on the website, which you should review periodically. Continued use of the R.P.E. Online E-platform service (the "Service") after a change of these terms and conditions or after implementation of a new policy constitutes acceptance of such change or policy.
The Service is designed exclusively for the R.P.E. only. R.P.E. shall not reveal their own login ID and Password to other individuals.
Use of the Service
1. The Service is made available to you for your personal use only and any commercial or business use of the Service is not allowed. The Service must not be shared with, used by, or transferred, assigned or sold to another party. You must notify the ERB immediately of any unauthorised use of which you become aware.
Payment and Refund Policy
2. The payment of R.P.E. renewal fee is processed via the chosen payment gateway of this online platform. All payments made are non-refundable, unless for exceptional case under which the applicant will be notified on the reason and the arrangements separately.
Privacy and Security
3. The ERB is committed to safeguarding your privacy and will not disclose your personal information to any third party without your permission. Notes to Applicants for Registration (and Renewal of Registration) as Registered Professional Engineer (R.P.E.) at : http://www.erb.org.hk/notestoapplicants.htm provides more information about the use of the data you provided to the ERB for the purpose of R.P.E. registration.
Termination/Modification of the Service
4. The Service will be terminated should you cease to be an R.P.E.
5. You may also terminate the Service by a written notice to the ERB made via email or conventional mail.
6. The ERB reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service or any part thereof with or without notice.
7. The ERB shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Disclaimer and Liability
8. The ERB will use our reasonable endeavours to maintain the Service in a fully operating condition. However, the ERB cannot guarantee that the Service will meet your requirements and makes no warranty that the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free.
9. The Service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis and without warranty of any kind. The ERB makes no warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service or as to the accuracy or reliability of any information obtained through the Service.
10. In no event shall the ERB, in so far as permitted by law, have any legal liability or responsibility for any loss, injury, claim, damage which may result, directly or indirectly, from the use of or any failure, unauthorised access or delay to use the Service, or any material available in connection therewith, or any action taken as a result of using the Service, or the performance or non-performance of any internet service provider in connection with the Service.
11. You agree to indemnify and hold the ERB harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of the use of the Service by or with you, the violation of these terms and conditions by you, or the infringement by you or any other user of the Service using your computer, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
- What are cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
- What are your choices regarding cookies
13. Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.